In brief, the process for the ICC program is as
- For all carpets requiring replacement, a small (4”
x 4”) sample of damaged carpet is forwarded to ICC with a completed
Validation Form (see Forms section). The sample can be sent to ICC via
ICS courier, Canada Post or any other delivery service the sender may
- Within 24 hours of receipt of the carpet sample,
ICC will complete and then fax or email a copy of a Validation Report,
to the insurer and its service providers. The report will detail the
existing carpet quality, recommended replacement alternatives and
costs highlighting local ICC program members.
- To proceed with replacement, a copy of the
Validation Report should be faxed to the selected ICC program member.
- The ICC program member will present the
recommended alternatives to the insured and provide a detailed
material and installation replacement cost quotation (see Forms
section) to the insurer.
Samples can be forwarded to ICC by staff adjusters,
independent adjusters, restoration contractors and ICC program members.
The program procedure may vary slightly dependent upon the source of the
carpet sample as outlined in the ICC Procedures Manual.
ICC retains small swatches of each sample forwarded
for Validation for a period of two (2) months from date of receipt.
These samples can be accessed for further review
should the adjuster, independent adjuster or restoration contractor
require additional information regarding the original report completed.
To request a review please proceed as follows:
- Call or email the ICC Validation Facility.
- Provide your name and company.
- Request a review of a particular sample by
providing the validation number corresponding to the original
Validation Report provided.
- State the nature of the concerns being raised (ie:
fibre, pile weight, value, quality, etc...)
- ICC will record the above, review and retest the
carpet sample, and contact you.
ICC maintains a specification database of most
carpets manufactured in North America.
Insurers should require that all invoices for carpet
replacement document the manufacturer, style name, style number and colour
With this information, ICC can be used as a
To request a re-inspection please proceed as
- Call the ICC Validation Facility
- Provide your name and company
- Advise our office of the nature of your inquiry (ie:specification
- Be prepared to provide the manufacturer and style
name of the product in question and the corresponding ICC Validation
- The above can also be requested by sending the
needed information by fax
or e-mail to ICC.
A service fee may be applicable. If so, ICC will
contact the requestor prior to completion.